Friday, March 31, 2023

deGrom disappointed with Rangers debut"



Jacob deGrom Disappointed With Rangers Debut



Jacob deGrom, the reigning National League Cy Young Award winner, made his debut for the Texas Rangers on Wednesday night but was not pleased with his performance. The 33-year-old right-hander allowed three runs on four hits over four innings while striking out six and walking one.

"I'm not thrilled with it," deGrom said after the game. "I feel like I made some good pitches, but I also made some mistakes and they made me pay for it. I've got some work to do."

Despite his disappointment, deGrom did show flashes of his dominant self, striking out the side in the first inning and touching 101 mph with his fastball. He also induced nine swings and misses on his slider, which is widely considered one of the best pitches in baseball.

"I know what I'm capable of and I didn't live up to my own expectations tonight," deGrom said. "But it's a long season and I'm going to keep working to get better."

The Rangers signed deGrom to a six-year, $170 million contract in the offseason in hopes that he can lead their young pitching staff. While his debut may not have been what he wanted, there's no doubt that deGrom has the talent and work ethic to bounce back and lead the Rangers to success this season

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Lunr Stock: A Comprehensive Overview and Investment Insights In the world of technology and finance, few stocks have captured the attentio...